Gas Detection for Gas Pipe Networks
Many flammable gas hazards are present when fuel gas, typically LPG is bulk stored for distribution across a site. Such off grid applications are very common and many clients come to IGD for gas detection solutions to enhance safety in compliance with local requirements.
Clients require a system that can mix ATEX certified gas detectors with safe area and domestic gas detectors. Usually the systems must encompass, storage, distribution and use, with data transmitted to central monitoring stations. Other data may be required along with data from gas detectors. This could include totalised gas meter readings, bulk storage tank pressures, vaporiser temperature and more.
IGD are uniquely placed to help clients in this market.. IGD’s addressable gas detection solutions allow networking of up to 32 devices on a cable ‘highway’. Devices can be any mix of gas detectors, control outputs or control inputs. This allows a multiplicity of devices to be easily interfaced together to form a safety and data solution. IGD can supply control panels with one, two or eight cable highways. These can be integrated together hierarchically to build solution networks.
A solution for a recent clients saw complete integration on one system for the following:
- Tank area monitoring using ATEX addressable TOCSIN 102 Series LPG detectors
- LPG Tank pressure and Temperature using ATEX addressable 107 Series input nodes
- Monitoring of double containment pipework using TOC-30A Series LPG detectors
- Monitoring at point of use using TOC-30A series LPG detectors
- Monitoring in residences using TOC-10 Series residential LPG detectors
- Totalising and storing gas meter data using TOC-107 series input nodes
- Data reporting to host monitoring systems using BACNET
A comprehensive safety solution using modern easily deployed networked addressable systems from IGD